Dr. Benjamin Packard is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, with an emphasis in hip, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow. He agrees with the sentiment, “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” Whether it’s a stay-at-home parent or weekend warrior, newly training or elite status, Dr. Packard enjoys getting athletes back to the sports they love.
Dr. Packard received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska. He then completed an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine in Albuquerque.
Dr. Packard finished two sports medicine fellowships – one at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and one at UniSports Orthopaedics in Auckland, New Zealand.
Originally from Niwot, Colorado, Dr. Packard enjoys spending time with his family and exploring the outdoors. This includes camping, backpacking, snowboarding and rafting. He also likes working out, cooking and being involved in church.
- Arthroscopy of Hip, Knee, Ankle, Shoulder, Elbow
- Hip Preservation
- Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM
- Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- Orthopedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship, UniSports Orthopaedics, Auckland, NZ